Teplitsa. Technologies for Social Good – is a public educational project aimed to develop cooperation between non-profit sector and IT-specialists. Teplitsa (Теплица, a greenhouse in Russian) is a brand that encompasses a website, a series of educational events, and a software development team with associated products.
Teplitsa’s mission is to strengthen civil society with the smart use of technology. Through connection of civic activists, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), and socially aware IT, media, and creative businesses, Teplitsa aims to develop culture of creation of civic online applications.
Key Programs and Activities:
- Te-st.ru – educational website on technology for CSOs and activists;
- YouTube channel (over 16 thousand subscribers) with short informative screencasts;
- Teploset – gamified educational platform for activists from small and medium towns.
Capacity building events:
- Regular Tech/Society meetups in Moscow;
- Annual conference ‘Net April’ (2018; 2019);
- Various educational event formats including hackathons, webinar courses, workshops, etc.
- Consultations to CSOs.
Software (free and Open Source):
- Leyka – WordPress plugin that simplifies fundraising;
- Kandinsky – WordPress site constructor with pre-defined content for CSOs;
- Yandex.News Feed by Teplitsa – WordPress plugin that turns RSS feed into a format accepted by Yandex.News service
- shMapper – WordPress plugin that allows to create crowdsourced maps.
- Various Open Source projects developed by the winners of the hackathons.